Sunday, December 23, 2007

Shopping spree!!!



The benefit raised so much money for TLC that even after purchasing a bathrobe for every resident and ten alumni of the shelter, there was still money left for more presents. TLC's director, Bea Williams, told me the ladies could really use some washcloths and towels are always needed.


So I got to go empty Target of all its towels! It was like one of those shopping game shows, the objective being to match or coordinate fifty sets of towels, fit them into one cart and get the unwieldy thing down the cart escalator without any falling onto the people below or into the gears causing the escalator to breakdown. I assure you I put my bargain shopping prowess and physical dexterity to good use.

It was as much fun as I've had all year! And its been a pretty excellent year!

The dollar section was a good time too. I raided the selection for nail polish, scrapbooks, journals, headbands, games and other fun stuff to add to the gifts.

Norma Martin, BBCS's Assistant Executive Director, told me as we checked out, "This will be the most new stuff the ladies have seen in a long time."









































No comments: